Last Updated at 25th April, 2022
1. Agreement to Terms & ConditionsThese terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Law Notion Ltd (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, concerning your access to and use of the lawnotion.co.uk website, web and mobile applications, as well as any other media form, medical channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “site”). We are registered in England and have our registered office at 119 Wilmot Street, London, E2 0BT. Our VAT number is GB 374 8510 76. You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all these Terms & Conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE SITE AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY. Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms & Conditions from time to time. The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement with such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The Site is not tailored to comply with Industry-specific regulations (Health insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), etc), so if your interactions would be subjected to such alws, you may not use this Site. You may not use the Site in a way that would violate the Gramm-Leach-Billey Act (GLBA) The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site.
2. Intellectual PropertyUnless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to use, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United Kingdom, United States, international copyright laws, and international conventions. The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms & Conditions, The Content and the Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission. Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have property gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
3. User RepresentationsBy using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms & Conditions;
- You are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside;
- You will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise;
- You will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; and
- Your use of the site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
4. Fees & PaymentYou may be required to purchase or pay a fee to access some of our services. You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made via the Site. You further agree to promptly update account and payment information. For the services that require license to access, we will give you a quote of the pricing for access, once it is confirmed, you agree to pay the prices in effect for your purchases. We will send you an invoice for the price (including VAT) and you should pay in GBP. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment. We also reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the site.
5. Free TrialWe offer a 14-day free trial to new users who register with the Site. The account will not be charged and the subscription will be suspended until upgraded to a paid version at the end of the free trial.
6. CancellationAll purchases are non-refundable. You can request to cancel your subscription by contacting us using the contact information provided below. Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the current paid term. If you are unsatisfied with our service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Products & Services
ProductsSoftware as a Service (SaaS) We offer the 3 products that are web applications and users with license can access specific product:
- Research: Regulation analytics web application
- Navigator: Compliance management web application
- Legal: Legislation research web application
- Data: Data feed with enriched regulation data
ServicesWe also offer custom add-on or custom enriched data. For example, if users want to group regulations into specific topics according to their custom definition, we will train a data science model and feed it into the application for users to analyze it furhter.
DowntimeWe shall use all reasonable endeavors to maintain the availability of the Site to you, but do not guarantee 100% availability. For the avoidance of doubt, downtime caused directly or indirectly by any of the following shall not be considered a breach of this Agreement:
- a Force Majeure Event;
- a fault or failure of the internet or any public telecommunications network;
- a fault or failure of your computer systems or networks;
- any breach by the you of these Terms & Conditions;
- scheduled maintenance carried out in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- We may from time to time suspend the Site for the purposes of scheduled maintenance to the Site.
- We shall ensure that all scheduled maintenance is carried out outside Business Hours.
- We provide the Support Services (email@example.com) to users who have a valid license to access the Site (specifically the web applications) during business hours.
- Support Services are standard software as a service support, for example, account activation/reset password issues, handling of reported bugs/data issues, providing tutorials and explanations (through the Help page inside the application).
- We shall provide the Support Services with reasonable skill and care.
- You may use the Support Services for the purposes of requesting and, where applicable, receiving the Support Services; and you must not use the Support Services for any other purpose.
- We shall respond promptly to all requests for Support Services made by licensed users during business hours.
- We may suspend the provision of the Support Services if any amount due to be paid by you to us under this Agreement is overdue, and we have given to you at least 30 days written notice, following the amount becoming overdue, of its intention to suspend the Support Services on this basis.
No assignment of Intellectual Property RightsNothing in this Agreement shall operate to assign or transfer any Intellectual Property Rights from us to you.
8. Prohibited ActivitiesYou may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
(1) Data & IPAs a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us , unless you have a valid license of the Data product (Data as a Service).
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Use the data provided through the Site to train data science models that compete with any of our offerings
(2) User Account & SecurityAs a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive information such as user passwords.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means under false pretenses.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your user account (specifically the web applications that only licensed users can have access to) unless agreed with us in advance.
- Sub-license your right to access and use the Site (specifically the web applications that only licensed users can have access to).
- Permit any unauthorized person or application to access or use our web applications that only your user account has access to.
(3) SecurityAs a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware”, or “passive collection mechanisms”, or “pcms”).
- Conduct or request that any other person conduct any load testing or penetration testing on the Site without prior written consent from us.
(4) Misuse ServiceAs a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
(5) OthersAs a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
10. Mobile Application License
Use LicenseIf you access the Site via a mobile application, then we grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use the mobile application on wireless electronic devices owned or controlled by you, and to access and use the mobile application on such devices strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this mobile application license contained in these Terms & Conditions. You shall not:
- Except as permitted under applicable law, decomile, reverse engineer, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the application;
- Make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the application;
- Violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations in connection with your access or use of the application;
- Remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) posted by us or the licensors of the applications;
- Use the application for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended;
- Make the application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple devices or users at the same time;
- Use the application for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the application;
- Use the application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail;
- Use any proprietary information or any of our interfaces or our other intellectual property in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the application.
Apple and Android DevicesThe following terms apply when you use a mobile application obtained from either the Apple Store or Google Play (each an “App Distributor” ) to access the Site:
- The license granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable license to use the application on a device that utilizes the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms of service;
- We are responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application as specified in the terms and conditions of this mobile application license contained in these Terms & Conditions or as otherwise required under applicable law, and you acknowledge that each App Distributor has no obligation to whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application;
- In the event of any failure of the mobile application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the applicable App Distributor, and the App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if any, paid for the mobile application, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Distributor will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application;
- You represent and warrant that: (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country and; (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- You must comply with applicable third party terms of agreement when using the mobile application, e.g., if you have a VoIP application, then you must not be in violation of their wireless data service agreement when using the mobile application;
- You acknowledge and agree that the App Distributors are third-party beneficiaries of the Terms and Conditions in this mobile application license contained in these Terms & Conditions, and that each App Distributor will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the terms and conditions in this mobile application license contained in these Terms & Conditions against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
11. SubmissionsYou acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgement or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in your Submissions.
12. Site ManagementWe reserved the right, but not the obligation, to:
- Monitor the Site for violations of these Terms & Conditions;
- Take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms & Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
- Otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
14. Term and TerminationThese Terms & Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SITE OR DELETE ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
15. Modifications and InterruptionsWe reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site. We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
16. Governing LawThese conditions are governed by and interpreted following the laws of the United Kingdom, and the use of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. If your habitual residence is in the EU, and you are a consumer, you additionally possess the protection provided to you by obligatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. Law Notion Ltd and yourself both agree to submit the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the counts of London, which means that you may make a claim to defend your consumer protection rights in regards to these Conditions of Use in the United Kingdom, or in the EU Country in which you reside.
17. Dispute Resolution
Binding ArbitrationAny dispute arising from the relationships between the Parties to this contract shall be determined by one arbitrator who will be chosen in accordance with the Arbitration and Internal Rules of the European Court of Arbitration being part of the European Center of Arbitration having its seat in Strasbourg, and which are in force at the time the application for arbitration is filed, and of which adoption of this clause constitutes acceptance. The seat of arbitration shall be London, United Kingdom. The language of the proceedings shall be English. Applicable rules of substantive law shall be the law of the United Kingdom.
RestrictionsThe Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
Exceptions to ArbitrationThe Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning binding arbitration: (a) any Dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of the intellectual property rights of a Party; (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (d) any claim for injunctive relief. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
18. CorrectionsThere may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
19. DisclaimerThe Site is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Site and our services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content or the Content of any websites linked to the Site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and material
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Site
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Site
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Site by any third party, and/or
- Any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
20. Limitations of liabilityYou acknowledge that c
- Complex software is never wholly free from defects, errors and bugs; and subject to the other provisions of these Terms & Conditions, we give no warranty or representation that the Services will be wholly free from defects, errors and bugs.
- Complex software is never entirely free from security vulnerabilities; and subject to the other provisions of these Terms & Conditions, we give no warranty or representation that the Services will be entirely secure.
- The Products & Services are designed to be compatible only with that software and those systems; and we do not warrant or represent that the Services will be compatible with any other software or systems.
- We will not provide any legal, financial, accountancy or taxation advice under these Terms & Conditions or in relation to the Services; and, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise these Terms & Conditions.
21. IndemnificationYou agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Use of the Site;
- Breach of these Terms & Conditions;
- Any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms & Conditions;
- Your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights;
- Any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site with whom you connected via the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
22. User DataSecurity, backups and legal We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data. You hereby grants us a non-exclusive license to copy, reproduce, store , distribute, publish, export, adapt, edit and translate your data to the extent reasonably required for the performance of our obligations to provide services through the Site. You warrant that your data when used by us in accordance with these Terms & Conditions will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights or other legal rights of any person, and will not breach the provisions of any law, statute or regulation, in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law. During your valid license period when using our web applications, we shall create a back-up copy of your data at least monthly, shall ensure that each such copy is sufficient to enable us to restore the provided products and services to the state they were at the time the back-up was taken, and shall retain and securely store each such copy for a minimum period of 30 days.
- keep the your Confidential Information strictly confidential;
- Not disclose the your Confidential Information to any person without the your prior written consent, and then only under conditions of confidentiality approved in writing by you;
- Use the same degree of care to protect the confidentiality of your Confidential Information as we use to protect the our own confidential information of a similar nature, being at least a reasonable degree of care;
- Act in good faith at all times in relation to your Confidential Information; and
- Not use any of your Confidential Information for any purpose other than specified purposes.
- is known to us before disclosure under these Terms & Conditions and is not subject to any other obligation of confidentiality;
- is or becomes publicly known through no act or default of us; or
- is obtained by us from a third party in circumstances where we have no reason to believe that there has been a breach of an obligation of confidentiality.
Data protectionWe shall comply with the Data Protection Laws with respect to the processing of your Personal Data and you warrant to us that you have the legal right to disclose all Personal Data that it does in fact disclose to us under or in connection with these Terms & Conditions. You hereby authorizes the us to make the following transfers of yourPersonal Data:
- We may transfer your Personal Data internally to our own employees, offices and facilities, providing that such transfers must be protected by appropriate safeguards;
- We may transfer your Personal Data to our third party processors and may permit our third party processors to make such transfers, providing that such transfers must be protected by any appropriate safeguards identified therein; and
- We may transfer your Personal Data to a country, a territory or sector to the extent that the competent data protection authorities have decided that the country, territory or sector ensures an adequate level of protection for Personal Data.
- We shall promptly inform you if, in the opinion of us, your instruction relating to the processing of the Customer Personal Data infringes the Data Protection Laws.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms & Conditions, we may process your Personal Data if and to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law. In such a case, we shall inform you of the legal requirement before processing, unless that law prohibits such information on important grounds of public interest.
- We shall ensure that persons authorized to process your Personal Data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality.
- We shall assist you in ensuring compliance with the obligations relating to the security of processing of personal data, the notification of personal data breaches to the supervisory authority, the communication of personal data breaches to the data subject, data protection impact assessments and prior consultation in relation to high-risk processing under the Data Protection Laws. The Provider may charge the Customer at its standard time-based charging rates for any work performed by the Provider at the request of the Customer pursuant to this Clause.